Sunday, March 25, 2007

Dress up party... or not...

Describing last night seems impossible to me.
But I want to write it down, at least, I wanna try. – I feel that I must post more often even if it is about something that doesn’t interest anybody – as I said before, I’m keeping this blog for myself more than for you.

So, Steven wanted to cook shrimps, a special recipe he said. Special dinners demand good company, so we invited some friends to come over.

I knew there was a party going on in a student residence, and Hanna had invited me to go there… but as always, you can’t foresee what’s going on after a dinner with friends, so I didn’t compromise myself to show up.

Later on, Iza, the polish girl from the second floor, dropped by to invite us to a “dress up party” – it seemed to be the same party, at Hanna’s place.

The guys were in the mood and so we “dressed up something”. :P

It was also happening “something” in another residence, but we were dressed up – we kept saying this expression for the whole evening!;) - and Steven didn’t really want to dance with a very-girly-pinky-something-between-t-shirt -and-dress somewhere where people were normally dressed!

Ok, so we were going to the so talked dress up party!
There were some missing understandings while we were "biking" but we managed to get into the place – at least we were in a residence and it seemed that was a party going on.



“Nobody is dressed up.”
“I don’t wanna walk there like this.”
“Ah, there’s Steven II, let me just say goodbye to him.” – because Luis is leaving tomorrow for
Portugal. :(
“I’m getting in as well. 5 minutes.” - I’m not the kind of person that can wait outside a party place. :P

“JUST BRING LUÍS!”

I guess nobody was really surprised when we were ALL inside the building.
Luckily, they know what the so called “5 Portuguese minutes” mean, but still…
“We were waiting for you outside. Let’s go to the other party!”

Bla Bla Bla. Five minutes more… Plus five and another five…

We went to the bar to say hi to a guy we had met and he gives as a glass of Calimocho (cheapest coke + cheapest wine = very famous cheapest alcoholic drink amongst Spanish students).

“Aren't we leaving?”

C’mon, they were feeding us and giving us free Calimocho, what could we do? It would be rude to leave once everybody was so friendly. :P

“I’m going to Brussels tomorrow morning with Rodrigo, I must go home…” – of course Joana didn’t know that he was going to show up at 4 a.m. :P

The moments that followed the first Calimocho glass still make me laugh when I remember them.

“What’s your name?”
“Ola.”
“Hello, what’s your name?”
“Ola, Luis, his name is Ola, he is from Nigeria.”

Two hours in the common toilet!! Common toilet! It’s amazing what you can discover there!
Thousands of words were told by “the clients”. Thousands of laughs were heard in that cubiculum! Thousands of languages were spoken!
People coming in, people coming out.
The door was open and the scenario was changed!
Conversations with people that turned out to be your neighbours – to be more specific I should say “people that are living above you!”

Iza: “Ana, let’s go home?”
Cesar: “Home? But does she leave with you?”
Iza: Yeah, she is living in the first floor.
Cesar: But if she is living with you and I am as well… that means that she is living with me!!!
Ana. Are you kidding me???

Everybody was participating in our “movie” somehow. It's obvious, in every party everybody gets into a point that leads them to the toilet. So the action was there, and we were there too! ;)

The last, but not least, “personage” who opened the toilet’s door was Rodrigo. He was supposed to be asleep, but we were happy to see him… :)

Afterwards we went for a tour in the building and I can say that we felt at home… probably more than we were supposed too… But never mind… :P



The sun was rising up… although we are always the survivors (especially Luis I’m must say the truth :P) we need to leave at some point…

On our way home we laughed until the bones were hurting!!!


[I know this doesn’t sound funny to you, but believe me, if you had seen yourself in that movie, you would laugh with us…]


“Thank you for coming” Pedro said. Apparently that was a sort of a private party where everybody was invited to come!
:)

"Thank you Luís" I say now. Without you I wouldn't have had so much fun...

No comments: