Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Belgium at its best!!!

When you are abroad, you seldom know what is happening somewhere else but in the city you are in. I’m even worse. Although I’m studying Communication sciences I’m ashamed to say that a lot of important facts/information pass by me as waste passes by rich people.

For that reason I created a quick easy link to one of the prestigious Portuguese newspapers on my homepage. Nevertheless, it didn’t work out, so I barely know what is happening in my own country…

The day before yesterday (when I started writing this post :P) I checked it out though… and I was surprised when I discover there were 7 NEW WONDERS of the world!!! And the winners were announced in Lisbon!!! Allez…

Inspired by these, several list of 7 wonders were created here and there, so I challenged myself to create the 7 wonders of Belgium, or should I say Flanders? [If blackle ;) made you stumble upon this website please notice that this in not an official list, but just the perspective of a Portuguese girl that did – oh my god… already using the past tense… - eramus in Gent, Flanders, Belgium].

After a hard period of discussion and deliberation with myself, I’m glad to introduce you the 7 wonders of Belgium/Flanders! =) (random order)

1| Chocolates

2| Waffles

3| Beers

4| Cafés’ Culture

5| Bikes Lifestyle

6| Brugge7| Graslei (not surprisingly hein?)

No comments: