Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The "F" word... Food!

“Heb jij een baby’tje in jouw buik?”

That was the question Nona asked me last week while I was standing up near the door of her room folding her old clothes. Although it isn’t good for me :P I will help you out with the translation:

“Do you have a baby in your belly?”

You know… kids always tell the truth… so I guess it’s official… I gained some weight during this year in the chocolate, fries and beerland.


Indeed, eating is a pleasure, and the best excuse to invite or to be invited over for dinner. We did it a lot – I seldom ate alone – and the moments shared at the table were definitely important for me. Between passing the salt and the pepper you get to know what someone did that day or intend to do on the following one… you might think this is mundane, and for sure it is, but If you really wanna to have someone in your life, these moments count.


When I thought about living 100% on my own for the first time in my life, I expected (and my mom too:P) to learn how to cook.

Well, what can I say? (I’m surrounded by good cooks(?)…

Often the deal was “you cook, I clean”, but even when I tried to cook something more complex there was always somebody more expert giving tips… as too many cooks spoil the broth (I mean it literally this time;)) I normally gave the meal preparation away for them…

(It’s so funny, even when some friends where coming over to eat at my place, they cooked… :P)

I can even count with my fingers (so Portuguese…) how many times did I really prepare a complete meal totally by myself. But in the end, I think I kind of learned some tricks and I definitely can do more than I could, but still… I’m not that hell of a cook.


Smakelijk!
:)


No comments: