Monday, August 27, 2007

Visitors.

I used to say I didn’t miss my life in Portugal and my beloved ones that much. It was bearable, and I meant it.

The fact you are living a new life in a new country speaks for itself. It’s challenging (!) and since you know it won’t last long you just wanna live it! You just wanna live it and there is no much space left for the hardest part of being away from home… But I know there was another reason that helped me out. I was damn lucky. I had a lot of “visitors” as I used to say – or just some fellows who were coming not to pay the night somewhere else in Gent. :P They were my strongest connection to my roots. They brought me coffee, “unique” alcoholic Portuguese drinks, little gifts, news, but especially they brought me love! They embraced me as if I had never been away, and I’m sure that made the difference.

Some of them came just for a couple of nights, but others spent so much time here that when they were gone, it seemed a part of mijn Gent(e) was gone too. It was sooooooooo good to have you around and to share a little bit of my Belgian experience with you.

p.s. Nunão és um totó. Ritinha, totó número 2. MeireleZinho não te perdoo. Verinha, quase quase. Driquinha e Almacinha... foi uma pena! Miguelito e Viri.. eu percebo, estais perdoados! :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

desculpa! :(