Sunday, September 02, 2007

Forgotten stop: Trouville

Once I went to France. – Actually twice now that I think about it… :P

My aunt Ana has been living there for a long time, and this year her daughter came over with her family to spend the Christmas with her mom. I joined them :) and for the first time in my life I didn’t spend Christmas in Alentejo.

For me the Christmas evening has always been special. We always create a mess around our evening; my little cousins always anxious while waiting for mid-night, my granny running from the kitchen to the living room 10 times a minute and the rest of us eating as pigs, chatting as Latinos and laughing together around a big table covered with tasty typical dishes… and that’s something I cannot have every month.

This year it was different, but I really liked it too. I must say it was quite a quite Christmas for me, but it was just one of different things I lived here… and you know… I just love to try-out new things!


The nicest part of my staying in Trouville was the fact I finally got to know better my cousins from my father’s family. We see each other each now and then but it’s not that I had spent some days in a row with them… and, once you do it, you really feel closer to them… and these cousins of mine are really interesting and nice people to be with. :)

No comments: