Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Home parties are always the best...

For the majority of students, Eramus can almost be described in a word: PARTY!

“You will have time for everything, and sometimes you will really feel like resting.” – I remember my Viriato telling me something like this, just some weeks after he had arrived from his experience. Luckily for us, he was right! I’m sorry but no human being can party for a year without suffering any (bad) consequences later. I partied until I was sick of it – yeah, you can really get sick of it :P

Although I think I didn’t party much more than I used to do in Lisbon, the public opinion around here says I partied a lot - it something they say about all the portuguese people! I guess it's in our blood:) Well, the fact your floor mates have your age might easily lead you to party even when you don’t want/plan to... and it does. One night it’s poker night, then some friends of one of us come over, then somebody else invite two friends for dinner and you end up drinking a glass of something with them… or two or three… It’s just impossible to see/hear them relaxing with a bunch of beers, without joining them! And even if you try to resist because you have to study or sleep, adrenaline starts pumping in your veins and defeats you.

Those nights were so fun and unexpected that sometimes I dare to organize what I used to call “meeting” :P - You can’t never call it a party until the “party” begins!

My life would be different in Gent if I would have happened to live somewhere else...

No comments: